All machines commonly experience mechanical problems. An Air Conditioner is no exemption. But the main concern is what are the causes of the defects of air conditioners and what are the steps for fast AC repair.
Many might be concerned to know what an air conditioner is. This is an equipment with a refrigerant that helps to maintain cool air within your house. It comprises of the following components:
- Evaporating coil to cool air in your room.
- Expansion device
Below are some of the causes of air conditioner problems:
Low refrigerant is one of the problems affecting air conditioners. The refrigerant is essential because it eliminates heat and humidity from the air in your premises. In case your refrigerant lines start leaking, then there will be insufficient refrigerant for active cooling of air in your room. To solve this problem, you need a specialized HVAC technician to find the primary cause of the defect. However, this might incur your vast sums of money more so when you experience multiple leaks.
Frozen evaporating coils is another major problem affecting air conditioners. The evaporating coil is filled with refrigerant useful in heat absorption from the air. To work effectively and efficiently, there should be constant circulation of warm air around the coils. Failure of which may lead to freezing of the evaporating coil. The repercussions are that you may either get warm air or fail to receive any air from your air conditioner.
Dirty Condenser coils is another major cause of defects for air conditioners. It would be best if you ascertained that your air conditioner has no dirt around it to function accurately and effectively. Dirt negatively affects air conditioners because it pollutes the air leading to a lack of efficiency in the transfer of heat. This may result in system wear and eventually, system failure.
Defects of the fan. The fan is a significant component of an air conditioner. It has an important role which is to blow air inside your room passed the unit evaporator coil to cool the air, and another fan that does the vice versa. Some of the causes of the defects of fans include faulty motors, failure to lubricate the fan, and dirt on the belts, which will affect the flow of air. In case this problem persists, there are higher chances of system failure.
Thermostat defects are also a cause of air conditioner problems. This problem is common to people with outdated dial-type thermostats which are not calibrated as required. Because of this defect, there will be failed communication between the air conditioner and control system. To solve this problem, you should recalibrate your thermostats.
Easy, Reliable, and Fast AC Repair Steps:
In case you want to solve the problems affecting your thermostats, here are some positive steps to follow.
- Make sure clean ones replace all the dirty air filters. Dirty filters affect the flow of air and may eventually lead to freezing of coils.
- Carry out regular maintenance of the ducts and repair any holes. By doing this, you will be able to prevent the influx of bills and air will be supplied efficiently from the registers.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Make sure you familiarize yourself with the thermostat and learn how to use it. A programmable thermostat is not only precise but also energy saving.
- Make sure that your air conditioner’s outdoor unit is free from dirt and any debris for an adequate supply of heat.
- Regular maintenance of your air conditioner. Get an HVAC specialist who will check your system regularly to make sure it functions in the right way.
These are some of the helpful tips to overcome the problems that affect air conditioners.